Sunday, February 15, 2009

Caged Tigers


You know how frustrated I feel when I see those gorgeous tigers behind the fences in the zoo? I cried last time I went... I dunno. Of all the other beautiful animals I saw, they got to me for some reason.
I feel like a caged tiger today. Pacing, contemplative, willing to lash out at those we feed me and watch me from above.
Forgive any comments that may seem ignorant, disturbing or biast in the following as we all have darker days and I find when i get frustrated my will to look at both sides of an argument and try to remain unbiast and open minded slips.
When I refer to 'people' I am referring to the 90% of North America's population that I find to be waste of space and an unfortunate donor fucking things up in gene pool for the hope of the future. Seriously. People need to smarten up. Enough god damn judgement. Enough double standards, enough hypocrisy, enough fear and enough of those who gave up trying to change the world and decided to 'not care' because 'it doesn't make a difference'. I have a friend who is one of these people, capable of great things with his intellect and his ability to see the truth in things. But he has squandered this ability and now it is rotting inside him and some days it's enough to make me want to beat him around the head with the door of my locker. But he's my friend and I'm determined to try and unearth the better side of him. It pisses me off though, these people with no solid moral standing or opinions or die hard beliefs that fight things anyways, who make things difficult with those with feelings about something by tearing them down and ultimately ending the conversation with "it won't change anything."
Almost makes them as bad as the assholes with these backward, fucked up views on things like gay people being messed up in the head and that white people are superior, that being a dead-beat jack-ass and coming to class stoned is cool and who don;t give a shit about the environment. And these people stick to their guns on the must discriminating, ass-backwards, retarded, unfair prejudice BULL SHIT ideas to the point you'd think they thought they were the only people keeping the world from plunging into chaos that would surely ensue when gay couples can adopt children and black people can lead a country better then the red-neck, bible spewing overdeveloped cum shot they had before (see, if Obama messes up, no black or other minority will have a shot in the White House again, but we've had people like Bill Clinton and Bush for years now. Can we say All-American? And I am Canadian yes, but our politics are basically the same, so I guess I can say 'Can we say All-Canadian, eh?' as well. Anyways, Obama has my support, hopefully he does a good job. And I don't just support him because he's black. I am glad that the fact he got elected makes a statement about tolerance and open-mindedness in the world, but I think he's got some good ideas and that's why I'm on his side). Sorry, I digress.
The thing is this: people drive me up the wall. Sometimes the only thing that keeps me from exploding into rage induced, disbelieving tears is visions of heads splattering under crow bars. Sorry, sad truth. That's why I loved Johnny the Homicidal Maniac. But I want people to change and to do that I can't lose grip on this hope that things can change, can't become completely non-caring. Because if it came down to feeling, and some days that feeling would entail fits of gut-burning rage and screaming fit of immense sorrow and anguish then mundane, empty days pushing a shell around the world and doing things you wouldn't want to remember before you die because you'll realize you wasted your whole life, I'm picking the former, hands down, every time. Because that was being human, being alive, is. Makes you better then the 'people'.
Having said all that, I'd like to come back to the Johnny the Homicidal Maniac theory. That Johnny is nourishment to the rest of us with self-control. He is like one of those songs that get stuck in your head and make you wanna bang your head around and crash your hips to all bloody night too (yeah, one of those songs) to the angry, repressed, starving little demon inside us all.
So I'd like to point out to the 'people' that they take our strength of will, the ability to swallow these urges and keep them in our heads to help us sleep at night, they take our hard-sought self-control way too lightly. I'm not saying they outta throw themselves to their knees and thank us. But they should appreciate it. Because god damnit, with the world growing so small, we're going to need some vacancy, people, and I can think of some worthy candidates to evict, as it were. There are caged tigers out there and the bars are being taken for granted. I just want people to smarten up. That'll be my birthday wish this year. Because I'm sick of getting so worked up and sick and angry about the shit stains people leave across our entire existence, how much people abuse the fact that being alive and freedom and rights (again, North America) s a right and not a privilege it makes me want to puke, and I wish it could change, that people could start making differences, start caring, start evolving. We seem to have forgotten that evolution is part survival. We need to change again, and I mean that in a very figurative sense, emotionally, mentally.
Be more aware. Drop some change in the god damn starving children and humane society's bins at the check-out. Recycle. Stop judging and labelling and making a huge fuss about differences on the outside and embrace inner differences. Hold the door open for someone. Smile at strangers. Show people some respect and decency. Learn something new. Give blood. Volunteer. Stick to your guns but be willing to look at someone else's ideas and opinions too. Be civil with each other. Cut the self-pity bull shit. Ride your bike sometime, it's fun. Try to understand people before you slap them with a label. Think equal thoughts. Try not to add more figurative shit for humans to wade through. Create something unique. Hug the ones you love more often.
And pass the hope on. I know it sucks, ladies and gentlemen, when it seems your the only one who gives a shit about trying to fix things, for lack of a better term it just fucking sucks. But there are people who care. We're still out here. Pass on the hope.
And to anyone who tries to beat down these humans who try to pass on the hope, who sneer in our faces and makes us feel stupid for being unique, special, optimistic? To all the prejudice bastards, plugs-in-training, dead-beats, and hypocrites? Just remember: tigers have fangs. And some day those bars might not be there.
For those having a bad day and need stress-relief from the idiocy around them, check out Foamy the Squirrel. The link is in the Linkage Fest above. And for the record I didn't draw that picture of Nny, whoever that was on DA I found it on google so your name didn't come up (I apologize) but I think the shading and everything was amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment